What the research shows
SpringMath is a comprehensive MTSS/RTI math system based on breakthrough empirical research that deploys a model proven to improve math outcomes in an easy-to-implement, equitable, and cost-effective manner.
SpringMath benefits from research conducted by its author, Dr. Amanda VanDerHeyden, as well as other respected scholars in education and psychology.
Research-based, valid, and reliable math achievement
Twenty years of academic research has shown that SpringMath produces equitable achievement and significantly decreases the performance gap.
- Based on best-available research evidence
See a list of references to studies (PDF)
- Highly rated by the National Center for Intensive Intervention
See Academic Intervention Tools Chart and SpringMath scoring details
- Demonstrated growth on internal and external measures
View PSAT and Acadience Math data (PDF)
- Experimental evidence that intervention produces equitable achievement
Evidence for Interventions — Outcomes for equitable decision making (PDF)
- See more research
SpringMath uniquely equips districts for accelerated student math achievement.
- Mastery measures* — closely connected to grade-level content — are powerful success predictors. Learn more about how mastery measurement works in math MTSS >
- Classwide interventions rapidly drive achievement for all students, and pinpoint those in need of intensive intervention. Learn more about classwide intervention here >
- Evidence-based interventions are proven to significantly impact student learning
- Intervention packets align to student needs and include conceptual understanding activities. See how SpringMath provides the right material at the right time >
- Progress monitoring shows student-, class-, and system-level growth in actionable, sharable graphs and summaries. See how SpringMath provides both teachers and data teams the information they need to succeed >
- Integrated implementation science removes barriers that often cause MTSS systems to fail
*only available through SpringMath, patent-pending